© 2012 - 2018 All rights reserved.
This is an Approved TurboTax Affiliate site. TurboTax and TurboTax
Online, among other are registered trademarks and/or service marks of
Intuit, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other parties'
trademarks or service marks are the property of the respective owners.
When discussing "Free e-file", note that state e-file is an additional fee.
E-file fees do not apply to New York state returns.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
E-file and get your refund faster
*If you pay an IRS or state penalty or interest because of a TurboTax
calculations error, we'll pay you the penalty and interest.
*Maximum Refund Guarantee - or Your Money Back: If you get a larger refund or
smaller tax due from another tax preparation method, we'll refund the applicable
TurboTax federal and/or state purchase price paid. TurboTax Federal Free Edition
customers are entitled to payment of $14.99 and a refund of your state purchase price paid.
Claims must be submitted within sixty (60) days of your TurboTax filing date and no later than 6/15/14.
E-file, Audit Defense, Professional Review, Refund Transfer and technical support fees are excluded.
This guarantee cannot be combined with the TurboTax Satisfaction (Easy) Guarantee.
*We're so confident your return will be done right, we guarantee it. Accurate calculations guaranteed.
If you pay an IRS or state penalty or interest because of a TurboTax calculations error, we'll pay you
the penalty and interest.
Www Freefilefillableforms Com
Free File AllianceWhere Can I File State Taxes For Free2014 Tax FormsTax Forms EzForm 1040x Instructions1040x Amendment FormH And R Block Free FederalFree Tax Filing For College Students2011 Tax Filing DeadlineAmended TaxesDo I File Taxes Amend Previous YearsFree Tax FilingHow To Amend Tax ReturnE File State Return For FreeFiling State Taxes OnlyIrs Form 1040 2010Filing Taxes With UnemploymentWhere Can I File Back Taxes OnlineIrs 1040ez 2012Tax Forms 1040ezWhere To File Your State Taxes For Free2010 E File Taxes2012 Irs Form 1040 EzHow To Amend Tax Return 2013Free 1040ezFree Federal Tax E FilingOnline Turbotax 2011HrblockonlineCan You Still E File 2010 Tax Returns1040 Tax Forms Printable2012 Tax Forms IrsNeed Do 2011 TaxesFiling An Amended Tax Return For 2013Form 1040ezE File 2012 ReturnsHow Can I File My 2007 Taxes For FreePrintiable State Tax FormFree Tax Forms 2011Turbotax 2010 Free2012 Tax Form 1040ez
Www Freefilefillableforms Com
Www freefilefillableforms com Publication 550 - Additional Material Prev Up Next Home More Online Publications
Updated: Common Input Issues
Many common issues are easy to resolve by following the instructions below. The most frequent issue involves data entry errors. Please review your return closely before e-filing. Because Free File Fillable Forms is basic, you must follow the instructions exactly and enter data only on the lines indicated.
Below you will find a few more general tips for successful e-filing and then some more specific issues currently trending for Free File Fillable Forms:
- Many issues can be resolved by simply using the “tab” key which ensures you will see all the data boxes. For example, when you use the tab key, you will see the MI box for your middle initial on the top of the Form 1040.
- Use the state drop down box in the address field and enter zip code in appropriate box.
- Check all your data entries before attempting to e-file.
- Check your social security numbers for accuracy. Is your dependent’s SSN correct? Is your SSN correct on the Form W2, Box A, Employee’s SSN?
- Do not use zero “0” in any field unless instructed to do so.
- If you’re getting a refund by direct deposit, double check your financial account and routing numbers; the routing number must be nine digits. Be sure to select checking or savings.
- Check your withholdings; make sure your W-2 statement withholdings match the amount on your 1040.
- Check the withholding amount entered Step 2, Section 1 and make sure it equals the amount in Step 2, Section 2, Box A.
- Verify your identity. Do not guess at your prior year Adjusted Gross Income. This is the most common error we see. If you don’t remember your AGI, you must get an electronic filing PIN at IRS.gov or call 1-866-704-7388.
- If your filing status is Married Filing Jointly, make sure to include all information for your spouse, especially Step 2 requirements for identify verification and signing the return electronically.
- Whenever you’re entering your information on a form or schedule in Free File Fillable Forms and you have a question, just select the button, "Instructions For This Form," at the bottom of the screen.
I didn’t get the email confirming that my Free File Fillable Forms return was accepted or rejected
- First, check your email spam/junk folder.
- If it’s not there, take the following steps: Return to your Free File Fillable Forms account. (Either through IRS.gov/freefile or freefilefillableforms.com.)
- Select “Get E-File Status” from upper left column. If there is no status update, log-on to your account and review your return for accuracy
- CAUTION: Make sure to place the current date ("Today's Date") in Step 2, Section 4, Signing This Year's Return
- Next, select “E-File Now” button to resubmit.
- If your return was successfully e-filed, you will receive 2 emails: one from freefilefillableforms.com saying it was received and a second one from freefilefillableform.com saying it was accepted or rejected by the IRS. If you do not receive these two emails, you have not successfully transmitted your return.
I got this message: Business Rule X0000-005 - The XML data has failed schema validation
This currently is the second most common error we see, and it’s not as scary as it sounds. You will receive this message when there is a data entry error. This is a simple correction.
- First, your message will identify the form and line number where the error occurred on your return.
- Look for one of two key phrases in the error message.
- If you see the phrase “is expected” that means you left blank a required field.
- If you see the phrase “not facet-valid with” that means you made an entry in the wrong format, i.e. you used a number where it should be blank, or used a description not allowed in the field.
- For more information, see our Rejected return help page.
“Do the Math” won’t work
Most often, your form is missing data that the program considers necessary to perform the calculation. Use the “tab” key and double check your entries.
Here's a list of some common problems taxpayers have encountered and possible solutions.
- 1040 (Form) Line 44 Tax - You must look up your tax in the tax tables and follow the IRS instructions to manually enter an amount on this line. Don’t forget this step.
- Schedule 8812 Additional Child Tax Credit, Lines 9, 11, 12 and 13 - You must complete all the prior required lines, including the buttons on line 6, before these lines will calculate. Check your entries before you e-file.
- Form 8863, Education Credits (Hope and Lifetime Learning Credits, Line 15 - You are required to complete Part 1. If instructed to put a zero on a line, you must put a zero on that line.
- Schedule A, Itemized Deductions,
- Line 23 - The amount for this line is populated from the amount(s) you enter in the grey areas under the words, ‘list type and amount’. There are two lines under these words and two fields on each line. The first field is for a description of the ‘Other Expense’ deduction and the second field is for the amount. Enter the description and corresponding amount and ‘Do the math’ will calculate an amount for line 23.
- Line 29 - Don't forget to manually enter the total amount for your Itemized Deductions on line 29 of the Schedule A. Line 29 is not a Do the Math calculated field. Select the “Yes” or “No” button for line 29 and follow the Schedule A instructions for entering an amount on the line 29. If your answer is No, Is Form 1040 line 38 over $150,000, then add up all the column amounts, lines 4 through 28, on the Sch A and enter the total amount on line 29. Check your math. If your answer is Yes, line 38 of the Form 1040 is over $150,000 refer to the Itemized Deductions Worksheet for line 29 (page A-13) and then enter the amount you figured on line 29. After you enter your amount on line 29, then select “Do the Math.” The amount on line 29 will then transfer and update Line 40 of Form 1040.
- Schedule C, Profit or Loss from Business Lines 3, 4, 5, and 7 - You must enter the business entity information (A-J) before the lines will calculate.
- Schedule C-EZ Net Profit or Loss from Business Line 3 - You must enter the business entity information (A-G) before “Do the Math” will calculate.
- Schedule E, Supplemental Income and Loss, Line 23a, b, etc. - Many lines will not calculate until Part 1 of the form is complete.
I Can’t Find the Form I need
First, review the list of available Forms You Can Use. You can learn how to add some forms to your return by following the instructions below.
Form 4562, Depreciation and Amortization (Including Information on Listed Property - You must Add the Form 4562 from the “add” button on your Schedule C and/or Schedule E. You can NOT add the Form 4562 from the “add/view" button.
- Form 6198 At-Risk Limitations- Add this form from the “add” button on your Schedule C.
- Form 8829 Expenses for Business Use of Your Home- Add this form from the “add” button on your line 30 of the Schedule C, Profit or Loss from Business
Form 8863, Education Credits (Hope and Lifetime Learning Credits) -
- Part III on page 2 for each student for whom you are claiming either credit must be completed before you complete Parts I and II on Page 1. Some taxpayers can’t find the add button for page 2. Just go to the top of page 1 of the Form 8863 and click on the add button next to the statement click to enter student information on page 2.
- Make sure you use"Do the Math" for computing line 15 of page 1 of the Form 8863.
- Make sure you use the tab key for entering the student’s first name and the last name on line 20. Entered the first name in the first grey field and then use the tab key to enter the last name in the grey field to the right.
Form 8949, Sales and other Dispositions of Capital Assets- Don’t forget to add Page 2 to complete this form. Complete the Form 8949 before you complete your Schedule D. On the Schedule D, complete lines 1b, 2, 3, 8b, 9, and 10. You may add multiple copies of the Form 8949 if you need additional space to report sales and exchanges of your capital assets.
- Add Forms W2, W2G and 1099-R in Step 2, Section 1.
- All other Form 1099’s, including SSA 1099, 1099 INT, 1099 MISC etc. are not available as individual forms in Free File Fillable Forms because you do not have to e-file these statements to IRS.
- BUT make sure to include all other income from Form 1099 including SSA 1099, 1099 INT, 1099 MISC etc. on your Form 1040. Don’t forget to include your federal withholding amounts from these other Form 1099s in Step 2 Section 2 Box B.
I Can’t Print My Return?
- If you are having trouble printing and you are using Internet Explorer 8.0 you must upgrade your Internet browser or switch to another computer to print your information.
- If you can't print, search for 'print' in General FAQs (PDF) for additional information. Remember, always print your return for your records after you successfully e-file.
I am having problems with my 16a and 16b entries for pensions and annuities on the Form 1040
- Find your total pension or annuity amount on your Form 1099-R and enter it on line 16a of your Form 1040.
- Then, enter the taxable portion in 16b to the far right under the column of the Form 1040 where you are entering all of your amounts.
- Do not enter your taxable amount after “b Taxable amount”. This “b Taxable amount” field is only reserved for the text: “ROLLOVER”, “PSO”, and “ROLLOVER AND PSO” - Refer to the 1040 instructions to see if either of these 3 descriptions apply to you.
- When your total pensions and annuities equal your taxable amount, “Do the Math” will automatically remove your amount on line 16a.
- When your total pensions and annuities is greater than your taxable amount, “Do the Math” will display the total on line 16a and taxable amount you entered to the right of 16b.
I am getting an error on Line 21, "Other income" on the Form 1040 - List type and amount
- In certain situations, the form instructions may prompt you to enter information next to a line. There are 2 parts for you to enter: 1) the description type in the first grey box and then 2) a corresponding amount in the second grey box. Don’t enter descriptions or $ amounts in the grey fields unless the instructions tell you too. Generally, leave these fields blank and don't enter a zero or '0" amount unless the instructions tell you too.
- Use line 21 of the Form 1040 to report any other taxable income not reported elsewhere on your return or on other schedules. Make sure you enter the type and then the amount for the Other income to the left of the amount on line 21. Enter the type of income in the first grey field and then enter the amount in the second grey field. After you enter the amount in the second grey field, select "Do the Math" and the amount you entered to the left in the grey field will transfer to line 21. Don't forget to enter the type of other income such as gambling winnings or jury duty pay in the first grey field to the left of the amount. And if one of your other income description types is net operating loss (NOL), make sure you enter a negative sign "-" before the amount. To view a list of description types for other income examples on line 21, refer to page 28 of the Form 1040 instructions. Free File Fillable Forms will automatically display the description type in all upper case letters after selecting Do the Math.
Refer to the tutorial for basic tips before your start Free File Fillable Forms. These tips will improve your chances to successfully e-file without getting errors.
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 26-Feb-2014
The Www Freefilefillableforms Com
Www freefilefillableforms com 6. Www freefilefillableforms com How To Get Tax Help Table of Contents Low Income Taxpayer Clinics Whether it's help with a tax issue, preparing your tax return or a need for a free publication or form, get the help you need the way you want it: online, use a smart phone, call or walk in to an IRS office or volunteer site near you. Www freefilefillableforms com Free help with your tax return. Www freefilefillableforms com You can get free help preparing your return nationwide from IRS-certified volunteers. Www freefilefillableforms com The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program helps low-to-moderate income, elderly, people with disabilities, and limited English proficient taxpayers. Www freefilefillableforms com The Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) program helps taxpayers age 60 and older with their tax returns. Www freefilefillableforms com Most VITA and TCE sites offer free electronic filing and all volunteers will let you know about credits and deductions you may be entitled to claim. Www freefilefillableforms com In addition, some VITA and TCE sites provide taxpayers the opportunity to prepare their own return with help from an IRS-certified volunteer. Www freefilefillableforms com To find the nearest VITA or TCE site, you can use the VITA Locator Tool on IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com gov, download the IRS2Go app, or call 1-800-906-9887. Www freefilefillableforms com As part of the TCE program, AARP offers the Tax-Aide counseling program. Www freefilefillableforms com To find the nearest AARP Tax-Aide site, visit AARP's website at www. Www freefilefillableforms com aarp. Www freefilefillableforms com org/money/taxaide or call 1-888-227-7669. Www freefilefillableforms com For more information on these programs, go to IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com gov and enter “VITA” in the search box. Www freefilefillableforms com Internet. Www freefilefillableforms com IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com gov and IRS2Go are ready when you are —24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Www freefilefillableforms com Download the free IRS2Go app from the iTunes app store or from Google Play. Www freefilefillableforms com Use it to check your refund status, order transcripts of your tax returns or tax account, watch the IRS YouTube channel, get IRS news as soon as it's released to the public, subscribe to filing season updates or daily tax tips, and follow the IRS Twitter news feed, @IRSnews, to get the latest federal tax news, including information about tax law changes and important IRS programs. Www freefilefillableforms com Check the status of your 2013 refund with the Where's My Refund? application on IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com gov or download the IRS2Go app and select the Refund Status option. Www freefilefillableforms com The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds in less than 21 days. Www freefilefillableforms com Using these applications, you can start checking on the status of your return within 24 hours after we receive your e-filed return or 4 weeks after you mail a paper return. Www freefilefillableforms com You will also be given a personalized refund date as soon as the IRS processes your tax return and approves your refund. Www freefilefillableforms com The IRS updates Where's My Refund? every 24 hours, usually overnight, so you only need to check once a day. Www freefilefillableforms com Use the Interactive Tax Assistant (ITA) to research your tax questions. Www freefilefillableforms com No need to wait on the phone or stand in line. Www freefilefillableforms com The ITA is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and provides you with a variety of tax information related to general filing topics, deductions, credits, and income. Www freefilefillableforms com When you reach the response screen, you can print the entire interview and the final response for your records. Www freefilefillableforms com New subject areas are added on a regular basis. Www freefilefillableforms com Answers not provided through ITA may be found in Tax Trails, one of the Tax Topics on IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com gov which contain general individual and business tax information or by searching the IRS Tax Map, which includes an international subject index. Www freefilefillableforms com You can use the IRS Tax Map, to search publications and instructions by topic or keyword. Www freefilefillableforms com The IRS Tax Map integrates forms and publications into one research tool and provides single-point access to tax law information by subject. Www freefilefillableforms com When the user searches the IRS Tax Map, they will be provided with links to related content in existing IRS publications, forms and instructions, questions and answers, and Tax Topics. Www freefilefillableforms com Coming this filing season, you can immediately view and print for free all 5 types of individual federal tax transcripts (tax returns, tax account, record of account, wage and income statement, and certification of non-filing) using Get Transcript. Www freefilefillableforms com You can also ask the IRS to mail a return or an account transcript to you. Www freefilefillableforms com Only the mail option is available by choosing the Tax Records option on the IRS2Go app by selecting Mail Transcript on IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com gov or by calling 1-800-908-9946. Www freefilefillableforms com Tax return and tax account transcripts are generally available for the current year and the past three years. Www freefilefillableforms com Determine if you are eligible for the EITC and estimate the amount of the credit with the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Assistant. Www freefilefillableforms com Visit Understanding Your IRS Notice or Letter to get answers to questions about a notice or letter you received from the IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com If you received the First Time Homebuyer Credit, you can use the First Time Homebuyer Credit Account Look-up tool for information on your repayments and account balance. Www freefilefillableforms com Check the status of your amended return using Where's My Amended Return? Go to IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com gov and enter Where's My Amended Return? in the search box. Www freefilefillableforms com You can generally expect your amended return to be processed up to 12 weeks from the date we receive it. Www freefilefillableforms com It can take up to 3 weeks from the date you mailed it to show up in our system. Www freefilefillableforms com Make a payment using one of several safe and convenient electronic payment options available on IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com gov. Www freefilefillableforms com Select the Payment tab on the front page of IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com gov for more information. Www freefilefillableforms com Determine if you are eligible and apply for an online payment agreement, if you owe more tax than you can pay today. Www freefilefillableforms com Figure your income tax withholding with the IRS Withholding Calculator on IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com gov. Www freefilefillableforms com Use it if you've had too much or too little withheld, your personal situation has changed, you're starting a new job or you just want to see if you're having the right amount withheld. Www freefilefillableforms com Determine if you might be subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax by using the Alternative Minimum Tax Assistant on IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com gov. Www freefilefillableforms com Request an Electronic Filing PIN by going to IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com gov and entering Electronic Filing PIN in the search box. Www freefilefillableforms com Download forms, instructions and publications, including accessible versions for people with disabilities. Www freefilefillableforms com Locate the nearest Taxpayer Assistance Center (TAC) using the Office Locator tool on IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com gov, or choose the Contact Us option on the IRS2Go app and search Local Offices. Www freefilefillableforms com An employee can answer questions about your tax account or help you set up a payment plan. Www freefilefillableforms com Before you visit, check the Office Locator on IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com gov, or Local Offices under Contact Us on IRS2Go to confirm the address, phone number, days and hours of operation, and the services provided. Www freefilefillableforms com If you have a special need, such as a disability, you can request an appointment. Www freefilefillableforms com Call the local number listed in the Office Locator, or look in the phone book under United States Government, Internal Revenue Service. Www freefilefillableforms com Apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN). Www freefilefillableforms com Go to IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com gov and enter Apply for an EIN in the search box. Www freefilefillableforms com Read the Internal Revenue Code, regulations, or other official guidance. Www freefilefillableforms com Read Internal Revenue Bulletins. Www freefilefillableforms com Sign up to receive local and national tax news and more by email. Www freefilefillableforms com Just click on “subscriptions” above the search box on IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com gov and choose from a variety of options. Www freefilefillableforms com Phone. Www freefilefillableforms com You can call the IRS, or you can carry it in your pocket with the IRS2Go app on your smart phone or tablet. Www freefilefillableforms com Download the free IRS2Go app from the iTunes app store or from Google Play. Www freefilefillableforms com Call to locate the nearest volunteer help site, 1-800-906-9887 or you can use the VITA Locator Tool on IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com gov, or download the IRS2Go app. Www freefilefillableforms com Low-to-moderate income, elderly, people with disabilities, and limited English proficient taxpayers can get free help with their tax return from the nationwide Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. Www freefilefillableforms com The Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) program helps taxpayers age 60 and older with their tax returns. Www freefilefillableforms com Most VITA and TCE sites offer free electronic filing. Www freefilefillableforms com Some VITA and TCE sites provide IRS-certified volunteers who can help prepare your tax return. Www freefilefillableforms com Through the TCE program, AARP offers the Tax-Aide counseling program; call 1-888-227-7669 to find the nearest Tax-Aide location. Www freefilefillableforms com Call the automated Where's My Refund? information hotline to check the status of your 2013 refund 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-829-1954. Www freefilefillableforms com If you e-file, you can start checking on the status of your return within 24 hours after the IRS receives your tax return or 4 weeks after you've mailed a paper return. Www freefilefillableforms com The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds in less than 21 days. Www freefilefillableforms com Where's My Refund? will give you a personalized refund date as soon as the IRS processes your tax return and approves your refund. Www freefilefillableforms com Before you call this automated hotline, have your 2013 tax return handy so you can enter your social security number, your filing status, and the exact whole dollar amount of your refund. Www freefilefillableforms com The IRS updates Where's My Refund? every 24 hours, usually overnight, so you only need to check once a day. Www freefilefillableforms com Note, the above information is for our automated hotline. Www freefilefillableforms com Our live phone and walk-in assistors can research the status of your refund only if it's been 21 days or more since you filed electronically or more than 6 weeks since you mailed your paper return. Www freefilefillableforms com Call the Amended Return Hotline, 1-866-464-2050, to check the status of your amended return. Www freefilefillableforms com You can generally expect your amended return to be processed up to 12 weeks from the date we receive it. Www freefilefillableforms com It can take up to 3 weeks from the date you mailed it to show up in our system. Www freefilefillableforms com Call 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676) to order current-year forms, instructions, publications, and prior-year forms and instructions (limited to 5 years). Www freefilefillableforms com You should receive your order within 10 business days. Www freefilefillableforms com Call TeleTax, 1-800-829-4477, to listen to pre-recorded messages covering general and business tax information. Www freefilefillableforms com If, between January and April 15, you still have questions about the Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ (like filing requirements, dependents, credits, Schedule D, pensions and IRAs or self-employment taxes), call 1-800-829-1040. Www freefilefillableforms com Call using TTY/TDD equipment, 1-800-829-4059 to ask tax questions or order forms and publications. Www freefilefillableforms com The TTY/TDD telephone number is for people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability. Www freefilefillableforms com These individuals can also contact the IRS through relay services such as the Federal Relay Service. Www freefilefillableforms com Walk-in. Www freefilefillableforms com You can find a selection of forms, publications and services — in-person. Www freefilefillableforms com Products. Www freefilefillableforms com You can walk in to some post offices, libraries, and IRS offices to pick up certain forms, instructions, and publications. Www freefilefillableforms com Some IRS offices, libraries, and city and county government offices have a collection of products available to photocopy from reproducible proofs. Www freefilefillableforms com Services. Www freefilefillableforms com You can walk in to your local TAC for face-to-face tax help. Www freefilefillableforms com An employee can answer questions about your tax account or help you set up a payment plan. Www freefilefillableforms com Before visiting, use the Office Locator tool on IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com gov, or choose the Contact Us option on the IRS2Go app and search Local Offices for days and hours of operation, and services provided. Www freefilefillableforms com Mail. Www freefilefillableforms com You can send your order for forms, instructions, and publications to the address below. Www freefilefillableforms com You should receive a response within 10 business days after your request is received. Www freefilefillableforms com Internal Revenue Service 1201 N. Www freefilefillableforms com Mitsubishi Motorway Bloomington, IL 61705-6613 The Taxpayer Advocate Service Is Here to Help You. Www freefilefillableforms com The Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) is your voice at the IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com Our job is to ensure that every taxpayer is treated fairly and that you know and understand your rights. Www freefilefillableforms com What can TAS do for you? We can offer you free help with IRS problems that you can't resolve on your own. Www freefilefillableforms com We know this process can be confusing, but the worst thing you can do is nothing at all! TAS can help if you can't resolve your tax problem and: Your problem is causing financial difficulties for you, your family, or your business. Www freefilefillableforms com You face (or your business is facing) an immediate threat of adverse action. Www freefilefillableforms com You've tried repeatedly to contact the IRS but no one has responded, or the IRS hasn't responded by the date promised. Www freefilefillableforms com If you qualify for our help, you'll be assigned to one advocate who'll be with you at every turn and will do everything possible to resolve your problem. Www freefilefillableforms com Here's why we can help: TAS is an independent organization within the IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com Our advocates know how to work with the IRS. Www freefilefillableforms com Our services are free and tailored to meet your needs. Www freefilefillableforms com We have offices in every state, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Www freefilefillableforms com How can you reach us? If you think TAS can help you, call your local advocate, whose number is in your local directory and at Taxpayer Advocate, or call us toll-free at 1-877-777-4778. Www freefilefillableforms com How else does TAS help taxpayers? TAS also works to resolve large-scale, systemic problems that affect many taxpayers. Www freefilefillableforms com If you know of one of these broad issues, please report it to us through our Systemic Advocacy Management System. Www freefilefillableforms com Low Income Taxpayer Clinics Low Income Taxpayer Clinics (LITCs) serve individuals whose income is below a certain level and need to resolve tax problems such as audits, appeals and tax collection disputes. Www freefilefillableforms com Some clinics can provide information about taxpayer rights and responsibilities in different languages for individuals who speak English as a second language. Www freefilefillableforms com Visit Taxpayer Advocate or see IRS Publication 4134, Low Income Taxpayer Clinic List. Www freefilefillableforms com Prev Up Next Home More Online Publications