Get Your Tax Refund
File your Federal Taxes for
Free with TurboTax Federal FREE Edition
FREE to Prepare + FREE to Print + FREE to E-file
- Get your maximum refund*
- 100% accurate calculations guaranteed*
TurboTax Federal Free Edition - File Taxes Online
Don't let filing your taxes get you down! We'll help make it as easy as possible. With e-file and direct deposit, there's no faster way to get your refund!
Approved TurboTax Affiliate Site. TurboTax and TurboTax Online, among others, are registered trademarks and/or service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other parties' trademarks or service marks are the property of the respective owners.
Tax UnemployedTax Act 2011 LoginIrs Gov 1040x InstructionsIrs 1040ez File OnlineFree H&r Block SoftwareWhat Forms Do I Need To File An Amended Tax ReturnTax Forms 1040ezTax Return Preparation State Income TaxesHow To Prepare A 1040x2010 1040 Tax FormH&r Block 2012 TaxesTax Return 2011Where Can I File My 2011 Taxes OnlineHow Do You Do State TaxesStudent Tax Return 2011Taxes 20122013 Tax Booklet 1040ezCan I File 2010 Taxes OnlineEz Form2011 Irs 1040ez1040 Ez Forms 2012Can You File Your 2012 Taxes NowAmend 2008 Tax Return FreeFree State Tax UsaRevise Tax ReturnHow Do I File An Amendment To My Tax ReturnHow To Do A Amended Tax ReturnH&r Block Online Tax FilingIrs 1040ez Form OnlineFile An Amended Tax Return OnlineWhere To File Free State TaxesHow To Get A 1040x Tax FormFile 2011 TaxesHow Can I File 2011 Taxes1040ez FormEz 1040Tax Exemptions For StudentsTaxact 2011 LoginHow Do You Fill Out A 1040x FormFile State Tax Return1040x Amendment
Tax UnemployedTax unemployed 11. Tax unemployed Employer-Provided Educational Assistance Table of Contents Introduction Working condition fringe benefit. Tax unemployed Introduction If you receive educational assistance benefits from your employer under an educational assistance program, you can exclude up to $5,250 of those benefits each year. Tax unemployed This means your employer should not include those benefits with your wages, tips, and other compensation shown in box 1 of your Form W-2. Tax unemployed This also means that you do not have to include the benefits on your income tax return. Tax unemployed You cannot use any of the tax-free education expenses paid for by your employer as the basis for any other deduction or credit, including the American opportunity credit and lifetime learning credit. Tax unemployed Educational assistance program. Tax unemployed To qualify as an educational assistance program, the plan must be written and must meet certain other requirements. Tax unemployed Your employer can tell you whether there is a qualified program where you work. Tax unemployed Educational assistance benefits. Tax unemployed Tax-free educational assistance benefits include payments for tuition, fees and similar expenses, books, supplies, and equipment. Tax unemployed Education generally includes any form of instruction or training that improves or develops your capabilities. Tax unemployed The payments do not have to be for work-related courses or courses that are part of a degree program. Tax unemployed Educational assistance benefits do not include payments for the following items. Tax unemployed Meals, lodging, or transportation. Tax unemployed Tools or supplies (other than textbooks) that you can keep after completing the course of instruction. Tax unemployed Courses involving sports, games, or hobbies unless they: Have a reasonable relationship to the business of your employer, or Are required as part of a degree program. Tax unemployed Benefits over $5,250. Tax unemployed If your employer pays more than $5,250 in educational assistance benefits for you during the year, you must generally pay tax on the amount over $5,250. Tax unemployed Your employer should include in your wages (Form W-2, box 1) the amount that you must include in income. Tax unemployed Working condition fringe benefit. Tax unemployed However, if the benefits over $5,250 also qualify as a working condition fringe benefit, your employer does not have to include them in your wages. Tax unemployed A working condition fringe benefit is a benefit which, had you paid for it, you could deduct as an employee business expense. Tax unemployed For more information on working condition fringe benefits, see Working Condition Benefits in chapter 2 of Publication 15-B, Employer's Tax Guide to Fringe Benefits. Tax unemployed Prev Up Next Home More Online Publications
File a complaint, be a smart shopper, understand credit, and more.
File a Complaint
- File a Consumer Complaint – Learn how to file a complaint and resolve your consumer problems.
- Sample Consumer Complaint Letter – This sample letter can help you write an effective complaint.
- Directory of State and Local Consumer Agencies – Contact your local consumer protection office to report frauds and scams, or to get help with a consumer complaint.
- Consumer Complaint Letter Wizard – Complete the 5 steps to create and download a complaint letter that gets results.
Consumer Action Handbook
The Consumer Action Handbook has useful tips on topics from banking to wills.
Frauds and Scams
- How to Protect Yourself Against Frauds and Scams – Learn about the different types of scams and how to prevent thieves from taking your money.
Be A Smart Shopper
- Quick Consumer Tips – Review this checklist before making major purchases.
- Before You Buy – Learn how to avoid becoming a victim of a scam.
- After You Buy – Minimize problems with products or services you have purchased.
- Shopping Online – Know your consumer rights when shopping online or when using catalogs.
- Check for Product Safety Recalls – Understand the importance of product recalls, the types of recalls, and how to be alerted of recalls by CPSC.
- Service Contracts and Extended Warranties – Ask these questions before purchasing extended warranties.